- Beach House – Wishes
- Atlas Sound – Te Amo
- Craft Spells – After The Moment
- Porcelain Raft – Drifting In And Out
- The Maccabees – Heave
- The Russian Futurists – It’s Not Really Cold When It Snows
- Frankie Rose – Know Me
- Standard Fare – Older Women
- Papercuts – Do You Really Wanna Know
- Army Girls – Cold & Alcohol
It’s December, but it doesn’t feel like December. Not yet anyway.
I spent most of this week alone. It was chillingly purifying, like an ice bath.
File under : ribbons & bows, wishes, brown eyes
It’s December, and though I almost suffered an itunes disaster this weekend, I managed to fix it without it doing too much damage. This week’s mix is influenced a bit by some best of 2010 lists that are coming out here and there (more on that coming up soon), and as usual some stuff that caught my ear this week.
Also, It’s snowing on the blog. If you’re looking at this through a reader you should probably click on through.
- Imogen Heap – The Fire
- Laura Marling – Alpha Shallows
the grey in the city is too much to bear
- Regina Spektor – December
A very old song that I really only try to listen to in December. We are not evacuating this house, we don’t believe in you and your wrecking crew.
- Akron/Family – River
While looking for a cover of the Joni Mitchell song I found this.
- Field Music – Them That Do Nothing
them that do nothing make no mistakes
- Moneybrother – Magic Moment
I love the chorus in this song.
- Villagers – Home
Everyone is starting to compile their best of 2010 lists. I found out about Villagers from one such list. This track reminds me a lot of Long Fin Killie.
- Long Fin Killie – Kismet
- Born Ruffians – Retard Canard
I don’t want to start a flame in your heart, I just want to set the world on fire.
- Motorhead – Please Don’t Touch
Forget everything you thought you knew about Motorhead and just keep listening.