- Gold Leaves – Cruel & Kind
- Adam Green & Binki Shapiro – Here I Am
- Christopher Owens – Part Of Me (Lysandre’s Epilogue)
- The White Stripes – You’re Pretty Good Looking (For A Girl)
- Zeigeist – Tar Heart
- Miracles of Modern Science – Dear Pressure
- Arthur & Yu – There Are Too Many Birds
- Brute Heart – Satellite
- Burning Hearts – Into The Wilderness
- The Knife – From Off To On
This was a crazy week. It wasn’t until last night after many glasses of wine that I figured out that it felt like I was held together by guitar strings.
- Ani DiFranco – Your Next Bold Move
- The Peptides – Jealous Guy
- The Horrible Crowes – I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together
I believe my trouble and your trouble shook hands
- Frightened Rabbit – Head Rolls Off
Jesus is just a Spanish boy’s name
- Miles Hunt – Let’s Hope I Get It Right This Time
if I drop to my knees this late in the day who am I saved by?
- Gin Blossoms – Found Out About You
I’ve always thought this song was amazing.
- The Pretenders – The Wait
- Graham Parker – Weather Report
- Bruce Springsteen – We Take Care Of Our Own
- Marah – Angels On a Passing Train
your laughter is my Jesus
Fast and furious, it begins with a prayer and ends with a dream. Pull out your headphones, crank it up, and blow a kiss back to 1993.
- Patti Smith Group – Hymn
- James – Laid
This song came on in the gym the other day when I didn’t have my own music with me. It sent me right back to 1994 and reminded me that James was almost the first band I ever saw live. I used to stay up all night and this song would come on early in the morning and suddenly there would be a dance party in my bedroom. I also remember my mom really disapproving of the lyrics, which is as hilarious now as it was then.
- Big Audio Dynamite – The Bottom Line
Thanks to the magic of live streaming I saw Big Audio Dynamite’s set at Coachella this Saturday. I’m pretty sure it’s the closest I’ll ever get to seeing them live.
- Crystal Castles – Birds
- Kate Bush – Waking The Witch
- Light Pollution – Oh, Ivory!
I think this sounds like Arcade Fire, without the pesky problem of being Arcade Fire, who seem to be in the process of being swallowed by themselves.
- Material Issue – Satellite
After putting The Kills on the mix last week, I couldn’t stop thinking about this song.
- The Strokes – Under Control
I watched The Strokes live stream from Coachella too, and it just made me want to listen to them more. And more. And more. I think I could listen to this on a loop for 24 hours straight and still come out okay.
- Elvis Costello & The Attractions – Beyond Belief
- The Band In Heaven – Dreams
I’m pretty sure that the best part of this noise pop/shoegaze resurgence is some of the covers that are coming from it. I downloaded this song a few days ago and was wondering how I’ve been living without it, then I realized I’ve had it on my hard drive for several months and never once listened to it.