You’re not going crazy, there was no mix last week. Sometimes things just don’t work out. This week I contemplated making a mix of songs that contained lyrics from other songs. This isn’t quite it, but it’s part of it (and that’s not all it is).
- Mirah – Advisory Committee
a hunting we will go
- The Decemberists – 16 Military Wives
- The Clash – Rebel Waltz
- Matthew Ryan – And It’s Such A Drag
like I was just another one of your deals
- Phosphorescent – Song For Zula
some say love… …is a burning thing and it makes a fiery ring
- Kate Bush – And So Is Love
- Sleepy Tea – Make Believe
- Cat Power – Metal Heart
I once was lost but now I’m found, was blind but now I see
- Feist – I Feel It All (Britt Daniel Remix)
- Josh Ritter – Lantern
The mix fell into place quite easily this week, with help from a few songs that gave it some important structure and took me by the hand.
Hold on tight.
- Doves – Catch The Sun
- Starsailor – Silence Is Easy
- Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – Ultraviolet Light
I finally started listening to III/IV this week and it is amazing. I can honestly say it’s the first album of 2011 that I want to crawl inside (even though it really came out in 2010). Expect to hear more tracks coming up on future mixes.
- The Rolling Stones – Winter
I’ve heard that Jesse Malin has been covering this song live lately. Let’s just imagine he’s singing it here, ok?
- The Replacements – The Ledge
I’m the boy they can’t ignore, for the first time in my life I’m sure.
- The Feelies – Too Far Gone
Feel free to start a dance party.
- The Only Ones – Language Problem
…love don’t exist just for pleasure, so I guess I’ll throw in some pain for good measure
And then the ladies come in.
- The Kills – Sour Cherry
shout when you wanna get off the ride
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Zero
try and hit the spot, get to know it in the dark
- Kate Bush – Pull Out The Pin
I couldn’t think of anything better to end this week with than Kate Bush growling I love life.