- Cold War Kids – Hospital Beds
- Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings – Better Things To Do
- Evening Hymns – Arrows
- Sharon Van Etten – We Are Fine
- Magnetophone – …And May Your Last Words Be A Chance To Make Things Better
- Wye Oak – Regret
- Guards – Taxi Cab
- Half Moon Run – Taxi Cab
- Dan Mangan – Oh Fortune
- The Hives and Cyndi Lauper – A Christmas Duel
This is the last mix of the Fall, so maybe that means we’ll get some snow soon. Honestly, the lack of snow this year is really fucking with me.
This week on the mix : a band I’ll see perform live before year’s end, a growl about living on the road, some songs about looking for something and someone, some confessions, some wishes, some prayers. All in all, just another week.
File under : so far gone, biggest fake, heart like a wheel, waiting searching waiting.
This is the last mix of autumn, though it’s been snowing non-stop here. It’s almost the last mix of 2010 also. I have a bit of a headache from crunching numbers on all the best of 2010 lists, and I’m definitely thinking of my own.
Here’s a hot little mix to keep you warm. Pour yourself some tea, turn off all the lights (except for the ones on your tree!) and dig in.
- Elliot Smith – Pictures Of Me
Elliot Smith songs always seem to be quiet, even when they’re loud. I’m not surprised at all and really, why should I be?
- Moneybrother – It Might As Well Be Winter All Year Long
I wish I had been listening to this song in November, but I guess it’s not too late to turn it up loud and get down.
- Tilly and the Wall – I Always Knew
piano lessons. Separate the ones who know you from the ones who couldn’t bother to see you for all that you are. This song keeps starting and stopping, building up and doing over.
- Mumford & Sons – Winter Winds
Was it love or fear of the cold that lead us through the night?
- The Hold Steady – First Night
A little song about chasing the dragon.
- The National – Gospel
hang your holiday rainbow lights in the garden. Yup, I’m still listening to The National, and enjoying finding songs about Christmas that are not Christmas songs.
- Ryan Adams – Hotel Chelsea Nights
strung out like some Christmas lights, out there in the Chelsea Nights. I love the echoey vocal on this. It sounds just like it could be on Gold, which makes me all nostalgic.
- Miaoux Miaoux – Snow
- Kula Shaker- Drink Tea (For The Love Of God)
I thought this was amusing.
- The Decemberists – Shiny