I’ve missed making mixes for the past week or so, but it has kind of freed my listening habits. We all need a shake up now and then. Every time I lose a hard drive it forces me to start over, which I always end up being grateful for in the long run. In the last week or so I’ve been queuing things up on Grooveshark and listening, listening, listening for secret messages, as I always do. I realized that I was still pretty much making mixes, and that I might as well post them.
Proper mixes should be up and about again in August, but here’s a little burst of something hot to get you through the weekend.
- Michelle Shocked – Anchorage
New York City, imagine that…
- The 6ths – All Dressed Up In Dreams
- Neko Case & Nick Cave – She’s Not There
- Eleanor Friedberger – Glitter Gold Year
- The Gaslight Anthem – I Do Not Hook Up
- David Bowie – Black Country Rock
- Deerhoof – Milk Man
- The Cure – The Upstairs Room
I don’t think I could love anyone but you dear, that’s for sure
- Billy Idol – Hot In The City