Now back to the mix.
I’ve skipped weeks 5 and 6 since I was away and then sick. Fortunately, it was not in the reverse order and the periods did not overlap.
All week long it seems as if I was working on two different mixes and trying to make them one. I wasn’t intentionally making things hard for myself, but I did set myself up for a bit of a challenge.
- Jesse Malin – Scars Of Love
I love everything about this song. hawks and doves and boxing gloves
Jesse is playing ‘The Fine Art Of Self Destruction‘ in its entirety tonight in NYC. For the record, if he happens to do something like that again in the future for ‘The Heat‘, I am already there. It’s my favorite album hands down.
- Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers – I Wanna Be Loved
- The Rolling Stones – Sway
- The School – Valentine
- The Twilight Singers – Real Love
This song makes me giggle, and takes me right back to the early 90s.
- Morrissey – Do Your Best And Don’t Worry
I’ve been listening to a lot of Morrissey this week. It helps that there’s a Morrissey/Smiths song for absolutely every occasion in life.
- The Orion Experience – There’s No Love In February
- Material Issue – Diane
Diane’s got everything, a helicopter and a submarine.
- Destroyer – It’s Gonna Take An Airplane
- Bright Eyes – First Day Of My Life