- Nick Drake – My Sugar So Sweet
- Eef Barzelay – The Girls Don’t Care
- Bonnie “Prince” Billy – You Are Lost
- The Shangri-Las – Past, Present and Future
- Dum Dum Girls – Lord Knows
- Eisley – Ambulance (live)
- Beirut – East Harlem
- Gonjasufi – She Gone
- Fergus & Geronimo – Powerful Lovin’
- Blonde Redhead – Not Getting There
I hope you’re up early like I am right now, because music sounds better when you’re already a bit disoriented.
- D Generation – Falling
I kind of can’t believe I’m going to see this band live again in 15 days.
- The Clash – City of the Dead
you should get to know your town just like I know mine
- The Morning Benders – I Was Wrong
I’ve been waiting too patiently for life to turn it’s back on me and not just go my way
- Colin Hay – I Just Don’t Think I’ll Ever Get Over You
I went to see Colin Hay last weekend which was long overdue since I’ve been a fan of his solo stuff forever. He did not disappoint. His voice was fantastic and he told long stories that were funny as hell. Bonus points also because he played my song, which is not this song, but this is the song that was sort of my third wave of Colin Hay, and I remember being completely gutted by it back in 2005 when it was the whole truth.
- Kathleen Edwards – Somewhere Else
The companion piece to City of the Dead…
life can be cruel, life can be sweet if I want it to be
- Stephin Merritt – Plant White Roses (Buffalo Rome Version)
This song has been haunting me since I first heard it. It’s from the new album of odds and ends, but it sounds like everything I love about The Magnetic Fields.
- Frightened Rabbit – My Backwards Walk
and the time rewinds to the end of May
- Love Inks – Blackeye
I saw Love Inks last night.
- The Tallest Man On Earth – The Drying of the Lawns
I’m leaving cause you don’t feel what you’re dreaming of
- M Ward – One Hundred Million Years