- Beat Radio – The World Is Ours
Like this song? You can help Beat Radio with their 4th album by giving to their Kickstarter.
- Selebrities – Time
- Sonic Youth – Star Power
- Lee Ranaldo – Xtina As I Knew Her
I predict this Lee Ranaldo album will be in my top ten (top five?) when I make my list at the end of this year.
- Sun Kil Moon – Like The River
- Joe Strummer – Sleepwalk
- Jack White – Take Me With You When You Go
- Soul Coughing – Sugar Free Jazz
- Vivian Darkbloom – Know Your Exit
- Woodpigeon – For Paolo
We made it through the week, and whatever we didn’t get to can wait.
- The Little Hands of Asphalt – Blue & Green
are you always going to change your mind?
- Ryan Adams – City Rain, City Streets
- Delta Spirit – Bushwick Blues
Do you recall the night we took the L out into Bushwick? It was colder than hell.
Once again I chose a song that reminded me of another song, but this time I figured out what that song was.
- Rilo Kiley – Spectacular Views
This week I was reminded what a perfect band Rilo Kiley was. I remember listening to them a lot in the 00s when I didn’t really listen to anything else and I didn’t know a lot about the music that was coming out. It might be why they seem to represent and retain a lot of purity for me.
- The Old 97s – Champaign, Illinois
- Eef Barzelay – Well
the thing you claim to love so much, you don’t do very well
- Counting Crows – A Murder of One
I think it’s a safe bet that a lot of people (including the Counting Crows themselves) would say that this album is kind of terrible, but I don’t agree and I never will. I have always believed this album to be perfect. Maybe you’d have to have been 15 or so, listening to it in the wee hours on summer mornings to share that belief, I don’t know. Something about it is quiet and prayer-like for me and that will probably never change.
- The Jam – Away From The Numbers
you free your mind, you free your soul
- Suede – By The Sea
I haven’t listened to Suede in years. Had to remedy that.
- Joe Strummer – Silver & Gold
Lots of people were remembering Joe Strummer this past weekend since it was his birthday. For a second I was in High School again and I feel like someone passed me a note with this song on it.