Lots of stuff going on this week, adding up to a very 70s inspired mix.
- Willie Nile – One Guitar
- Blondie – (I’m Always Touched By Your) Presence, Dear
- The Muffs – Sad Tomorrow
Love the growling vocals in this song. I’d gone too long without listening to it.
- New York Dolls – Looking For A Kiss
- Alex Chilton – Jumpin’ Jack Flash
This song has been following me around all week. Naturally I was a bit hesitant to put the original here since I feel pretty lukewarm towards it, but I found this one from Free Again which was re-released earlier this year and it seemed like a perfect fit.
- Spoon – Out Go The Lights
This week was the 35th anniversary of the 1977 blackout in NYC, so I’ve been reading up on it.
- Johnny Thunders – Subway Train
- Noah and the Whale – 5 Years Time
This week was also my fifth wedding anniversary, which is kind of crazy. Being the lover of sarcasm that I am, I naturally have to follow it up with…
- Craig Finn – No Future
the best advice that I’ve ever gotten, was from good old Johnny Rotten
he said, God Save The Queen
he said, no future for you
no future for me
- Jenny and Johnny – Straight Edge of the Blade