This is the last official mix of spring. It’s one for going on the lam.
- Franz Nicolay – Dead Sailors
It’s nice when it’s hot, to imagine entering into a cool, dark bar, perhaps where Franz Nicolay is playing this song. Welcome to the show.
- The Walkmen – Blue As Your Blood
This is a travelling song for your getaway. Use it wisely.
- Kate Bush – Hammer Horror
All I want to do is forget you, friend.
- Hospital Ships – Love or Death
- Eleanor Friedberger – My Mistakes
There’s a new Eleanor Friedberger record out next month. I’m kind of excited about it.
- Tim Kasher – No Fireworks
I bought The Game of Monogamy back when I was in NYC at the end of April. It’s a pretty good album, though I haven’t listened to it as much as I should.
I thought love was supposed to spill from our hearts.
- The White Stripes – Hotel Yorba
- Tom Waits – Walk Away
I said never would I do it again
I want to walk away, start over again.
- Jenny Lewis – It Wasn’t Me
It’ll take a lifetime to clear your name
- The Magnetic Fields – I’ll Dream Alone
Somehow I doubt you’ll ever be back