It’s a feeling. A week of rain and late night slow dancing in a bar.
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles – I Second That Emotion
- The Byrds – Candy
…we know someone’s on your mind
- Lucinda Williams – Hot Blood
I love how this song makes everyday situations sound so thrilling. Because sometimes they are.
Well I saw you in the grocery store
Buying tomatoes, for a casserole…
…Well I saw you in the laundromat
Washing your clothes, getting all the dirt out
- The Band – It Makes No Difference
…and the sun don’t shine anymore
- Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band – Difference Is Time
- Eef Barzelay – Lose Big
- Fleetwood Mac – Songbird
…and the songbirds are singing like they know the score
- Bruce Springsteen – For You
We were both hitchhikers but you had your ear tuned to the roar
of some metal-tempered engine on an alien, distant shore
- Surfer Blood – Floating Vibes
I saw Surfer Blood this week as part of the weirdest bill ever. Parlovr and …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead opened, and everyone in the audience seemed to only be there to see one of the bands. It kind of reminded me of a high school talent show. They put on a fine show though, despite being heckled by people at the bar halfway through their set.
- Okkervil River – Wake and Be Fine