Forget everything you’ve heard before. Drums and guitars.
- Dead Prez – Hip-hop
fake, fake records
- The Dead Weather – I Cut Like A Buffalo
- The Black Keys – I Got Mine
- The Ting Tings – Guggenheim
- Sleigh Bells – A/B Machines
- Beastie Boys – So Whatcha Want?
- Run DMC – King of Rock
Music ain’t nothin but a people’s jam
- Beck – Peaches & Cream
- Band of Skulls – The Devil Takes Care of His Own
- John Parish and Polly Jean Harvey – Lost Fun Zone
Thump. I’m finding this mix just a little bit epic. Just a little bit bigger than all of us.
- Social Distortion – Still Alive
Sometimes I feel as if I am in the midst of a battle.
- The Hold Steady – The Smidge
when we lie to each other we do it through computers
- Abe Vigoda – Crush
This came on earlier this week and I swore it could have been early Catherine Wheel, with stranger, more muffled vocals and some weird sort of high pitched guitar or something.
- Wye Oak – Milk and Honey
- Shearwater – Black Eyes
- Throw Me The Statue – Waving At The Shore
- Dan Auerbach – Whispered Words
- Cold War Kids – Golden Gate Jumpers
- The Tallest Man On Earth – Burden Of Tomorrow
Once I held a glacier to an open flame,
and once I felt like wildcat in the fallen game.
- Ryan Adams – I See Monsters
When Ryan Adams plays the guitar it always feels warm.