Yes yes y’all.
- Adam & The Amethysts – Prophecy
- Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks – (Do Not Feed The) Oyster
- Sebadoh – Ocean
So happy to have heard this in a bar this weekend, until I remembered that I was in one of the few places (in the world?) where I would expect to hear things like this.
- Crooked Fingers – New Drink For The Old Drunk
night turns black cause it’s rotten
- Arcade Fire – Born on a Train
I’ve always had a theory that some artists just weren’t meant to play their own songs, my argument being reflected perfectly in some covers being better than their originals and better than anything original by the band covering them. I’m not sure that this is a prime example of that theory (since I have nothing against the original here), but I’d rather listen to this than most of Arcade Fire’s discography so it’s certainly a starting point. Blah, blah, blah.
- Lifter Puller – Lake Street Is For Lovers
- Bright Eyes – Jejeune Stars
- The Joy Formidable – Austere
- The Strokes – Metabolism
- Metric – Police and the Private
no one wants what we want