The bulk of this mix was fabricated under a haze of sleep. I’m on vacation at the moment and thought about doing something else, but then an idea came to me, and well… here we are.
- U2 – I Threw A Brick Through A Window
It was a passing fancy.
- Morrissey – I Am Hated For Loving
anonymous call, a poison pen, a brick in the small of the back again
- The Wooden Birds – False Alarm
- Local Natives – Cards and Quarters
There’s a cave made of sheets
And I, I know we want to be inside
Take off all of your clothes and climb into a cave of sheets tonight
Steal away, you and me
To a cave made of sheets
- The Rosebuds – Big Heartbreak
- Billy Bragg – Bad Penny
Listening to Billy Bragg always makes me feel good. It’s that jangly guitar and the way he makes every word sound important. He’s like a religion and I’m super devout.
- Frank Turner – I Am Disappeared
I keep having dreams, of pioneers and pirate ships and Bob Dylan.
Frank Turner’s going to take over the world.
- The Rural Alberta Advantage – The Air
- The Gaslight Anthem – Boxer
you found the bandages inside the pen, and the stitches on the radio
- Bruce Springsteen – Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
they made that change uptown and the big man joined the band