This week is all about The Blues, body parts, Christ Jesus, vampires and the like. Forgive me if I get a little fuzzy. Forgive us if something inside wakes up and takes over.
You’re probably going to want to turn off the lights and turn up the music.
- The Hundred In The Hands – Commotion
you rile me up, and you make me wait
- The Kills – Heart Is a Beating Drum
- Grinderman – No Pussy Blues
When asked during an interview whether the song had a deeper meaning, Nick Cave replied “no, it’s just about not getting any pussy.”
- The Jesus and Mary Chain – Who Do You Love
I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire
I use a cobra snake for a neck tie
- Slow Runner – Make You Love Me
- David Bowie – Always Crashing In The Same Car
every chance that I take
I take it on the road
- Deer Tick – Christ Jesus
- A. A. Bondy – Oh The Vampyre
I could drink the world and never get my fill
- Frightened Rabbit – Skip The Youth
All I need is a place to lie
Guess a grave will have to do
- The Decemberists – June Hymn
I remember listening to this song back in January and trying to remember what the world was like in June. Now when I listen to January Hymn I try to remember that world.