April Fool’s Day is pretty lame. A bunch of new things are announced and you have to wait and see if they pan out or if they were just someone’s idea of a stupid joke. Generally, I’m not a fan of getting the rug pulled out from under me. I’m thinking of turning this “holiday” into something more like Valentine’s Day. This way you can call someone you’re kind of sweet on your “April Fool”, and request that your loved ones write essays on your favorite bands. Just a thought.
This mix is my April Fool. May I suggest listening twice in a row?
- The Jesus and Mary Chain – Darklands
Just one thing to say here, preceded by some sweet, sweet guitar :
going to the darklands.
- Bruce Springsteen – Radio Nowhere
I’ve been listening to lots of old tapes in the past few weeks of radio interviews from the late 90s. Sometimes it feels like it was a million years ago.
- Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – Typecast
- Neko Case – Runnin’ Out Of Fools
I fought liking Neko Case for a long time. I still don’t like some of her stuff, but I have to like it when she sings like this.
- The New Pornographers – Myriad Harbour
stranded at Bleeker & Broadway looking for something to do
someone somewhere asks me “is there anything in particular I can help you with?”
all I ever wanted help with was you
- Destroyer – Savage Night At The Opera
it’s not a war ’til someone loses an eye
- The Jam – Thick As Thieves
- Frightened Rabbit – Nothing Like You
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Hysteric (Acoustic)
flow sweetly, hang heavy
you suddenly complete me, you suddenly complete me
- Wye Oak – Doubt