Lots of guitar picking this week, and a bit of a Harry Nilsson tangent. If you guess the lord must be in New York City you’re probably right.
- The Get Up Kids – Never Tear Us Apart
Neon Trees covered this at Webster Hall last week. Oh yes, I was singing along. It’s only one of my favorite songs of all time.
- Patti Smith – Break It Up
I started (and finished) reading Just Kids this week. It was better than I expected, and I expected it to be awesome. It didn’t take very long for me to get on a Patti Smith kick.
I ripped my skin open and then I broke through. Here’s to 2011.
- Mundy – Strange Hotel
Why are songs about haunted hotels always so good?
- Dr. Dog – Where’d All The Time Go?
- Harry Nilsson – I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City
- Jesse Malin – Everybody’s Talkin’
Ready for the show this Monday? Yes, yes we are.
- Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – Born Into A Light
- Harper Simon – Wishes and Stars
- The Tallest Man On Earth – Troubles Will Be Gone
Oh, when it’s god I see in headlights kneeling down on frozen highways, and salvation in white knuckles on a wheel…
…well the day is never done, but there’s a light on where you’re sleeping, so I hope somewhere that troubles will be gone.
- Mumford & Sons – Little Lion Man
- I really fucked it up this time, didn’t I my dear?