Fall was confusing and slow.
- Vampire Weekend – I Think Ur A Contra
I listened to this from the back of Metropolis at their show in September. It was by far the biggest, best reason to have gone to see them live.
- Best Coast – When I’m With You
In my head, all through Montreal and NYC and Italy.
- The Hold Steady – The Sweet Part of The City
The part with the bars and restaurants.
- The Tallest Man On Earth – Kids On The Run
A prayer. Will we ever confess what we’ve done?
- Roman Candle – I Wish I Was In New York
- Frank Turner – Jet Lag
Songs like this kind of kill me slowly, and make me want to sing along.
- Crystal Castles (w/Robert Smith) – Not In Love
We were lovers, now we can’t be friends. I’m not really a fan of Crystal Castles, but if they get Robert Smith to sing all their songs they might be able to make a go at it.
- The Vaselines – I Hate The 80s
- The National – Conversation 16
Seven words : I was afraid I’d eat your brains.
- Destroyer – Archer On The Beach
I’ll end the mix with a nod to the new year. The new Destroyer album is coming out in January.