Happy Thanksgiving, Pilgrims. Here’s the last mix of November. A bit of acceptance, forgiveness and love for you all.
- Clem Snide – Forgive Me, Love
No surrender, no retreat. The more I listen to this song the more I like it.
- The National – Conversation 16
I’m still slowly listening to High Violet, six months late. This song is definitely something to love. I obviously should have entered the album through this door.
- Echo & The Bunnymen – The Puppet
And, while listening this week I realized how much Echo and The Bunnymen sound like The National to me. Sure, there are differences, but there’s a sameness too.
- The Gaslight Anthem – We Did It When We Were Young
Conversation 16 reminds me a lot of this song, which is probably why I like it so much.
- Jesse Malin & The St. Marks Social – The Archer
My, my she’s so pretty, the only girl from New York City.
- The Magnetic Fields – California Girls
Sing it with me.
- Dum Dum Girls – Jail La La
- The Jam – The Eton Rifles
A track from Setting Sons, the last album missing from my vinyl collection, until a few weeks ago, that is.
- The Smiths – Accept Yourself
- Destroyer – Archer On The Beach
Lovely, lovely track from the new 12″. I’ve been listening to it all month. Careful now, watch your step, in you go.