This is the mix for 10/14/2010.
- Chrome Locust – Ain’t No Love
I spend a lot of time trying not to lose my mind. I should have been listening to this band when this album first came out, but I wasn’t. I’m catching up.
- The Rural Alberta Advantage – Don’t Haunt This Place
- Echo & The Bunnymen – The Cutter
This song came into my head while I was in Rome. I’m guessing it’s because of the haunting beginning.
- Jesse Malin – Red Eye
She calls me baby, in another time zone. This was in my head every time I travelled, and the first thing I listened to when I got my music back. Cause the summer’s gone and I can’t be alone.
- Simon & Garfunkel – Cecilia
One of the few thinsg I wanted to do in Rome was visit St Cecilia. We went to the church, but it was closed for a wedding, so we just sat outside for a while. My feet hurt and I was hungry.
- Paul Westerberg – World Class Fad
Don’t be sad, you’re a world class fad. Lots of languages, lots of tourists.
- The Flaming Lips – Pompeii Am Gotterdammerung
Went to Pompeii. Turns out it’s just a bunch of ruins. I got a tan and an espresso.
- Porno For Pyros – Dogs Rule The Night
Added as a nod to the wild dogs in Pompeii, and for Naples, which was dirty and decaying.
- Sunset Rubdown – Silver Moons
The moon did look nicer in Italy though. I did notice that.
- St. Vincent – The Strangers
Saints and strangers everywhere.