There’s a meme of sorts going around Facebook. I’ve been tagged over there, but since I have a specific space to talk about this now I thought posting it here was a much better idea.
The object was to list fifteen albums that will always stick with you, and to list them in no more than fifteen minutes.
I actually set a timer to do this because I wanted to see what I could come up with in a limited amount of time. Here goes nothing.
- Tom Waits – Closing Time
- Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – Cardinology
- Tori Amos – Boys For Pele
- Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins – Rabbit Fur Coat
- Counting Crows – August & Everything After
- Weezer – The Blue Album
- Jesse Malin – The Heat
- Tori Amos – Scarlet’s Walk
- Mundy – Jelly Legs
- Radiohead – The Bends
- Liz Phair – ???
- Bruce Springsteen – Nebraska
- Nine Inch Nails – The Downward Spiral
- Hole – Live Through This
- Alanis Morrissette – Under Rug Swept
Now I’m going to step away from the keyboard and not spend the rest of the day thinking of everything I’ve forgotten to put on this list. I’ll be turning this into a feature and elaborating on each album in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out.